Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Tie Dye For


Tie Dye Shorts - DIY
Black Cami Top - Topshop
Black Sheer Jacket - Missguided
Peace Layered Necklace - Topshop
Black Cut Out Boots - Miss Selfridge

I mentioned in my last post that I was doing a little tie dye project, and if all went well I would show you this week. Wellll TA DA! I'm so pleased with how my shorts have come out. I did a bit of research on different methods of tie dye, and my favourite outcome was from a method called ice dyeing. Basically all you do is soak your fabric for 15 minutes and then scrunch it up and pile on lots of ice, before sprinkling on your powder dye. Leave the ice to melt and that's it! I decided to make some super high-waisted shorts with my fabric as I thought they would be perfect for summer days. They have been a dream to wear today with the beautiful weather we are having. I teamed them with an abundance of black (once again) and my peace layered necklaces to add to the hippy feel. I've included a little step by step picture diary below, but if you have any questions feel free to ask. I now want to dye everything! Haha.

Hope you are all having a great week!
Love Pav xxx


21 comments:

  1. I love these shorts! Your really creative and i'll defo be having a go at making some myself! :)
    I'm new to blogging so I'd love any advice you have, I have followed you.. Please follow me back?
    http://howdoyouwearthatx.blogspot.co.uk
    Chloe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks sweet! I checked out your blog and am following you too xoxo

      Delete
  2. great outfit and that diy tie dye shorts are perfect :)

    yukluistyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't adore you more

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done such a good job on these shorts! I've done some tie-dye and bleach reworking too but didn't turn out anywhere near this good, I'll definitely have to try the ice method! Great post and outfit! x

    http://allurescent.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! Yes definitely try it out, in my opinion it's the easiest method with the best outcome. Thanks so much for your comment xoxo

      Delete
  5. These shorts have turned out amazing! New follower xx

    LongHairDontCare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you sweet!! Checking out your blog now! xoxo

      Delete
  6. where did you orginally buy the shorts? This outfit is unreal- want to follow eachother?xx
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the shorts :) yeah sure - I'll follow you now xxx

      Delete
  7. really really love ur style! great color dear <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. the shorts are gorgeous you clever bean! they look incredible with the all black outfit - i'm in awe!

    bec X
    honeythumb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Love your blog - following you on bloglovin xoxo

      Delete
  9. These shorts are so cool. Such a fantastic idea! Your creativity will pay off.
    xx Debbie @ shapes-and-sizes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you selling these Pav? I love them so! x x x

    ReplyDelete